Microsoft OneDrive for Business allows users to store files related to their day-to-day work and use as a medium to collaborate with internal as well as external users. If you have one of following license plan, you can have unlimited OneDrive for Business storage per user for subscriptions with at least five users. You can adjust the initial 5TB of storage yourself and for any additional storage required you can increase it as needed by contacting Microsoft Support. Subscriptions with less than 5 users receive 1TB of storage per user.
- OneDrive for Business Plan 2
- SharePoint Online Plan 2
- Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Office 365 Enterprise E5
- Office 365 Education A1
- Office 365 Education A3
- Office 365 Education A5
- Office 365 US Government G3
- Office 365 US Government G5
Now, let’s see how we can adjust the storage.
- From the Office 365 Admin Center, access the OneDrive for Business Admin center.
- Then, navigate to Storage, enter the desired default storage you want your users to have and click save.
- Enter the duration you want to retain deleted users’ content. Maximum you can retain is 3650 days (10 years).
- It will take a couple of hours for your change to apply across your users. Once the new settings are applied, users can see the new storage capacity from their OneDrive for Business site settings. Read my previous article on How to Check OneDrive for Business Storage Usage to find out how.